Expression builder problem

• All,

Can anyone advise the correct way to put this expression together? I've tried a few combinations but each results in an error when I press OK. I don't think it's relevant but it's the "arguments" expression for an execute process task.

SSIS expression builder

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  as1981. Reason: Grammar correction
  • What is SSIS saying it wrong with it? Also, please post the expression as text, rather than an image, so that we can at least copy and paste it.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I just typed this in and it works fine, what error you getting?

(DT_WSTR,255)("e C:\\Users\\as1981\\Downloads\\stackoverflow\\0302020 StackOverflow\\") + (DT_WSTR,255)( @[User::Filename])

here is the result when i hit Evaluate Expression:

e C:\Users\as1981\Downloads\stackoverflow\0302020 StackOverflow\ThisisMyFilename.txt

• Both: Thanks for your help.

Thom A: Sorry I didn't think of pasting as text. I will do in future.

I've just compared AlphaTangoWhiskey's  example against mine and found the issue. It was the missing double backslashes in the path. I hadn't noticed they were missing but also wasn't looking at the content of the string as I thought that wouldn't be evaluated until runtime.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  as1981.
  • Just a quick note - you may need to embed double-quotes into that string for it to work correctly.  There is a space in the path and it will probably cause an issue with execute process task and the parameter.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Thanks for the advice. You are correct I had to make further corrections. When I have access to the system again I'll post the final expression in case it helps anyone in the future

• In relation to my previous post here is the final expression:

"e \"C:\\Users\\username\\Downloads\\stackoverflow\\032020 StackOverflow\\" + (DT_WSTR,255)( @[User::FileName]) + "\""

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply