expression invalid swtich case

• I am getting error when i see the report preview as

The defenition of the report is invalid

The value expression for the text box'Text Box1' has a nested aggregate that specifies a dataset scope.Inner aggregates cannot specify a dataset scope.

My Expression is

= "Record contains "

+ Switch(

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") <> 0 and Sum(Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") )<> 0 , "Fit and Auto",

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") <> 0 and Sum(Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") )= 0 , "Fit",

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") = 0 and Sum(Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") ) <> 0 , "Auto"

)

• the SUM(SUM( doesn't look right to me; i think you just wnat to add the two together:

does this minor change work?

= "Record contains "

+ Switch(

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") <> 0 and (Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") ) <> 0 , "Fit and Auto",

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") <> 0 and (Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") ) = 0 , "Fit",

Sum(Fields!FQ.Value, "ds") = 0 and (Sum(Fields!QC.Value, "ds") + Sum(Fields!QA.Value, "ds") ) <> 0 , "Auto"

)

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Ok Fine. Thanks its working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply