Extracting data to multiple folders

• I'm Extracting data into a file, I have o send the same file to multiple directories. So far it's easy for me to output it into one file directory, and I'm thinking I can take same folder and copy it into other 4. Please on how can I do this or even the better way.

• hoseam - Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:59 AM

I'm Extracting data into a file, I have o send the same file to multiple directories. So far it's easy for me to output it into one file directory, and I'm thinking I can take same folder and copy it into other 4. Please on how can I do this or even the better way.

1) Data flow to file
    2) Copy file to other folders 
    (Use File System Tasks or a Script Task to do this)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Or PowerShell. Copy-File will help you.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:43 AM

Or PowerShell. Copy-File will help you.

It would be nice if there were a native 'Execute Powershell' task in SSIS, but there isn't, so you'd need to use a generic Execute Process task to achieve this.
    I prefer Script Tasks mostly because you get comprehensive debugging built in.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply