Failure sending mail

• I tried to send the mail and its saying.

"Failure sending mail: The transport failed to connect to the server."

I changed smtpserver name to mycompany.com but stills I cant get it. Please help.

• the servername for the mailserver is typically mail.mycompanyname.com, but can be something different.

you can go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com to input the real domain name and find the real mail server name.

once you've put in the correct server name, the cannot connect error should go away, but then you'll have to resolve things like relaying prohibited, invalid username, etc.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I made changes to rsconfig.

<SMTPServer>smtp.mycompanydomain</SMTPServer>

<SMTPServerPort>25</SMTPServerPort>

<SMTPServerPickupDirectory>C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup</SMTPServerPickupDirectory>

<SendUsing>1</SendUsing>

And the mail is successfully sent to the pickup folder but it is not sent to outside servers. It says "Failure sending mail: The transport failed to connect to the server."

Why I cant send a mail to other servers?

• relaying is prohibited.

in order to avoid spam, a mail server, by default, will not deliver to an email address outside it's own domain unless

1. the sending IP address is in a set of allowed addresses, or

2. you send the AUTH command with a valid email username and password, or

3. allow anonymous relaying is enabled (not recommended, not going to happen most likely)

in your case, you'll want to talk to the mail administrator and have him add the IP address of the Report Server.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Is it necessary to outlook be configured on the report server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply