Fantasy football

• Robert Davis (8/16/2010)

I wasn't a fan of the CBS Sports FF system. Haven't tried ESPN's system. Of the ones I have used, I've liked Yahoo's the best.

Yahoo is the one I like the best too.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• Looks like Yahoo might be the way to go over ESPN. I'll look into it, what's the telly...who's making the cut?

• Steve Jones - Editor (8/16/2010)

I'll play, and I'll toss in a prize.

You'll toss in a prize? Thank you sir!

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• Plus if we use Yahoo, it'll be easier for me to manage because my other 3 FF leagues are all Yahoo. 😉

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Darn, my other FF league is on ESPN. No worries, lets do this!!

• I concur.. Yahoo is the way to go.

• Robert Davis (8/16/2010)

Plus if we use Yahoo, it'll be easier for me to manage because my other 3 FF leagues are all Yahoo. 😉

Same here. LOL

• I used yahoo for one of my leagues last year and it went well. I look forward to playing with you guys.

Do we have to do auto draft?

• Any room for a Brit willing to take part?

Oh and Lynn, I'll be going to see my first Broncos game this year, on October 31st at Wembley. Unfortunately I'll be rooting for the Niners:-D

• Born and raised Colorado Native and Bronco fan.

Wish I could be there to watch the Broncos play the 49er's in England, win or lose it would be a trip!

• No word yet on a place. I have used ESPN and CBS in the past. I sent an email to Dan (the OP), and no response. If I don't hear from him in a week, I'll create something, try to get as many people as possible going for a single league. If not, we'll do 2 leagues.

• Woot....so by my count, that's 13 of us (if Ray K. is in):

me

mtillman

Ray K. (?)

Lynn Pettis

Steve Jones

jsterrett

PowerPivotPro

ms446

Barry Ralston

Robert Davis

Gabriel Villa

John Racer

SequelSurfer

Sounds like there's some opinions regarding which site we use, with Yahoo the front runner. I've used them all and have no opinion. I'll lean towards Yahoo for now, with an auto draft. I won't be able to make a live draft (doubt we'd be able to get us all together at the same time).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • If we go with Yahoo I propose we go with a live online draft. For those who can't make it they can simply autopick (Yahoo is usually fair with their rankings) and for those who can make it is a lot more fun than doing auto-draft.

• Who are you, ms446? You sound familiar.

• Dan H. (8/17/2010)

Woot....so by my count, that's 13 of us (if Ray K. is in)

Oh, what the heck. Go ahead and count me in.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 300 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply