File Connection Manager Security Context

• Hi Folks -

I'm working on an SSIS package to back a directory up from one server to another using the copy directory task. During this development I'm logged on as a member of Domain Admins. Since this crosses servers, it's my intention to use the same Domain Admin profile to execute the scheduled job.

What I'm seeing is an 'Access Denied' to my target path even though I created the target directory under an existing share on the target server! Since I'm also the owner of the target directory, why would I run into an access denied error?

Ultimately I changed the share to allow 'Everyone' (I hope temporarily) to get the package to run successfully under debug. I sure could use some insight into what I'm likely ignorant of under these circumstances and curious if any one else has bumped into this one..........

Thanks All!

• Where do you see the error? When executing under BIDS or when executing under SQL Job Agent? If you are seeing the error under SQL Job Agent, you have to make sure the user account under which you SQL Job Agent service is running is a domain account and has permissions. Or you have to setup your job to use proxy account and this proxy account has to point to a domain account with permissions.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Hi CozyRoc -

Thanks for your reply.

No, the task is failing in BIDS. If it were a job under SQL Agent, then I could chase it down pretty easily. Craziest thing I've seen in a while.........

Take Care,

Bob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply