Filestream

• Does everyone fill comfortable using the new filestream and sql server to save our images now?

Is it ok to save our image in sql server now do you think?

I am really wanting to put these product images in there, and be down with that path storage crap..

From what I can see each new file that is inserted into the database sql server creates it's on person directory and names it the file unique ID.

I guess the only real question is, can we store these files on a file server, and not on the sql server box. ?

Got any suggestions?

Erik

Dam again!

• Hi Erik

I am about to test that theory, i am having a production serer where i got videos and images stored on a table with Image data type, i am planning to convert that to var binary and use Filestream, let you know the result once tested, but for now i got stuck since MS haven't realized the latest driver that supports file stream on 2008 🙂

• Thanks.

I will look forward to your response.

Dam again!

• Hi Erik

This seems to be working, but one part of this is that we use Java as a front end, there is no driver that supports file streaming until now, so we have to wait until JDBC 2.0 is released, apart from that the basic testing went through fine 🙂

• I was just thinking about your status yesterday.

I am going to dig into it in a day or so.

Will let you know if I hit any crazy stuff.

Thank you for the update.

Storefront Doors

Dam again!

• Database mirroring will not work if FileStream is enabled. So in short choose between mirroring and FIleStream. I will personally go for mirroring.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kindest Regards,

Amit Lohia

• Hi Erik

I am using filestream to store my video, audio image files in filstream. I can store the files successfully.

However I faced a problem to get the physical path of the files using my code(Using T-SQl and java). This is because the file name is unknown. The system gives the name by itself.

Could you help me if you come through this please?

Thanks!!!

Reda

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply