Fill variable from cursor

• Setting aside why you may or may not need a cursor, what you need to do is:

Either:

select @sum =

CASE

WHEN (@cslPricingFactorRef = @90000119) THEN @Avamel

else

0 end

I don't know what the default should be.

or you could:

If @cslPricingFactorRef = @90000119

SET @sum = @Avamel

Cursors are bad, most times, some times they are necessary.

Try not to use them.

Leonard

• The cursor aspect has already been discussed at length (i.e. avoid them like the plague).

That said - you're using CASE incorrectly, which is what is causing the error. If you HAVE to have it (pretty sure you don't, but since you're not providing any details as to what you're actually doing I will have to leave it up to you to decide), pull the "assignment" aspect out of the CASE statement.

As in:

select @sum= --assignment goes OUTSIDE of the case

CASE

WHEN (@cslPricingFactorRef= 90000119) THEN @Avamel

End

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• In the select case i have 8 condition,and i make decision on @cslPricingFactorRef value,for example if @cslPricingFactorRef=90000119 then @90000119=@Avamel

if @cslPricingFactorRef=90000120 then @90000120=@Avamel

all of my variable fill in this loop, in cursor

• Hello , as you mentioned in the select case i can't set the variable with the value of cursor column,

i used this , it work's but need i put more code and if for any product code :

Open spid_List2

Fetch Next From spid_List2 into @cslPricingFactorRef,@Avamel,@Price,@Quantity,@UnitPrice,@ProductCode,@ProductName

While @@Fetch_Status = 0

Begin

--select

--CASE

-- WHEN (@ProductCode = 90000119) and (@cslPricingFactorRef = 95) then @Avamel

-- END

if (@ProductCode = 90000119)and (@cslPricingFactorRef = 95)

begin

set @90000119=@Avamel

print @90000119

end

Fetch Next From spid_List2 into @cslPricingFactorRef,@Avamel,@Price,@Quantity,@UnitPrice,@ProductCode,@ProductName

End

• After you have populated the variables, how do you use their values?

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply