FInding Text Box properties to remove duplicate values

• I created a report that was pretty functional, but I had to move a column over to the right for clarity. I deleted the column and then did a drag and drop on the field that I wanted from the report data box to the designer. When I ran a preview, I was getting duplicate values in the field that I created. Researching this problem on the internet said that I can remove the duplicates in the text box properties. I right clicked on the column header, and on the field name and cannot find the field properties to remove the duplicate. Where am I going wrong?

• What you did wrong was deleting the column. Next time use cut/copy – paste. There could have been other settings and hidden expressions.

Property name is HideDuplicates.

--Vadim R.

• Thank you. Stupid question, where do I find remove duplicates? I right clicked on the field name and the header, but cannot find the properties that has the remove duplicate.

• Is it possible that even though I dropped a field in between two fields that are in a group, it didn't become part of the group? How can I tell what fields are part of the group? Thanks

• cljolly (8/25/2012)

Thank you. Stupid question, where do I find remove duplicates? I right clicked on the field name and the header, but cannot find the properties that has the remove duplicate.

If you right clicked text box then select properties. There should Hide Duplicates check box under General tab. You can also highlight texbox in the table and hit F4 which will bring Properties window.

--Vadim R.

• cljolly (8/25/2012)

Is it possible that even though I dropped a field in between two fields that are in a group, it didn't become part of the group? How can I tell what fields are part of the group? Thanks

If you click on anything in the table control on the left side there will be little boxes. The three lines is the detail level, stuff with numbers are groups (headers or footers), then there are table header and footer. They all optional thou.

--Vadim R.

• Solved. 😀 Thank you for your patience with me. This is what was driving me nuts. I can right click on the text box, but cannot see an option of where to remove the duplicates. I have enclosed a screenshot of my text box properties dialog box so you can see what I see. None of these items: General, Number, Alignment,Font, Border, Fill,Visibility,Interactive Sorting, and action have an option for removing duplicates. Then I clicked on the properties icon at the top and found it. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply