Flaky Designer or Flaky machine?

• Has anyone had a problem in Visual Studio, in the SSIS designer, where any Control Flow task or Data Flow item that you place in the designer turns white?  The only thing you can see is the description.  If you click on the object it will go back to normal - black border with an icon, but will then go back to no border and no icon if you do something else in the designer.

BTW, I'm running the RTM version.

• I've seen this happen before. In fact it happened during Bill Baker's talk at the launch in San Francisco. It doesn't seem to do any harm, but is awful irritating. It seemed to be related to resource drain but never caused any problems after. Are you able to easily reproduce the problem or does it happen fleetingly?

• It's was intermittent, but now it happens every time I bring up VS, even after a reboot.  It is a little bit of a problem when you have a container like a for loop or a sequence container and you can't see the boundaries of the container when you're dropping objects into it.

• I’ve never seen this particular problem, but would start troubleshooting this by installing latest video driver from windowsupdate or better from vendor’s web site.

• I have experienced the same problem.  By installing the latest video driver, the problem was fixed.

Thanks

Masud

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply