[Flat File Source [1]] Warning: There is a partial row at the end of the file.

• Hi there,, i m very new to sql server and ssis pacakges. I am developing an application whereby i am inserting csv file in to the sql table through ssis. IN the csv file i have two lines only. When i run the process it inserts the first line fine but not the second one and gives me the error. Does anyone here knows how to correct this error ?

[Flat File Source [1]] Warning: There is a partial row at the end of the file.

I would be very thankful,, if someone can help me resolve this problem. I have searched the google but did not find any help there,

regards

Harpz

• Without seeing the file I'd guess that either your second line is missing some data or you have a blank line at the bottom of the file.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• The file i m trying to import has two rows and the third row has xxxxxxxxx characters at the begining, which marks the end of the file , and then there is no data. I have other files which are in exactly the same format and they are being imported fine without any errors;

Below is how the file looks like:

09/09/2008 main heading is here

sub heading is here

Heading1 Heading2 Heading3 Heading4 Heading5 Heading6 Heading7 Heading8 Heading9 Heading10 Heading11

alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123 alpha123

XXXXXXXXXX

thanks so much for your response;

• Have you tried configuring the error output so that it redirects any error rows? When I created a CSV out of your post, I get the warning but when I redirect errors it seems to work correctly.

Jack Corbett

• Thank you Corbett.

Can you please provide me with instrcutions as to how to configure and redirect the error row. I am very new to this. Your help is very much appreciated.

thanks

Harpz

• In the Flat File Source Editor you have areas you can select on the left: Connection Manager, Columns, Error Output. Select Error Output and then in the error column on the right select Redirect Row. Here is a screenshot:

Jack Corbett

• Hi Corbett

I have done exactly like u said.. but i still not get the full data in the table. Can i see how your table looked like after the data was inserted !! I am really confused.

i get this error now :

[Flat File Source [1]] Warning: Rows sent to the error output(s) will be lost. Add new data flow transformations or destinations to receive error rows, or reconfigure the component to stop redirecting rows to the error output(s).

thanks n regards

Harpz

• Hi Jack

Could this be to do with the " Delimited " option. ? I have set the format to be Delimited and Header Row Delimiter to be {CR}{LF}

regards

Harpz

• you need to add and configure a destination for your redirected rows. right now you've set your error rows to be redirected, but you haven't told ssis where you want them redirected.

• Hi Devanny

I have added another DataReader Destination and added the Grid dataviewer to see if the error row comes up there. But to my surprise no error row was present.

Now, i dont think that there is anything wrong with the file , but still i cannot get the full data showing for some strange reasons.

Does anyone have any idea ?? I can send the file for you to investigate.

regards

Harpz

• By all means attach the file. With that we may be able to determine the issue. If you could attach your SSIS package as well it would help. Zip them together and attach that file.

Jack Corbett

• Hi Jack

Please find attached the file which needs entering in the database table , I have got the sql table defined where i need to enter this file. the table structure is as following :

create table dbo.stageYRMV

(

columnA varchar(255) null,

columnB varchar(255) null,

columnC varchar(255) null,

columnD varchar(255) null,

columnE varchar(255) null,

columnF varchar(255) null,

columnG varchar(255) null,

columnH varchar(255) null,

columnI varchar(255) null,

columnJ varchar(255) null,

columnK varchar(255) null,

id int identity(1,1),

status int not null default 0

)

I need to insert the attached file in the above table but not the last row which has the xxxxxxxxx characters in it,, which may be causing the problem.

thank you so much for the help

regards

Harpz

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply