Flow of query Execution

• Hi

Can any one please provide link for flow of query exection in sql

For eg.

FROM, [JOIN CONDITION, JOIN TABLE ...], WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING, SELECT, DISTINCT, ORDER BY, TOP

Suppose when we write query, how that query will get execute behind. I would like to know about that.

Can you please provide ariticles or link related to this

• There's a chapter (maybe 2) in a book: Inside SQL Server 2005: T-SQL Queries by Itzik Ben-Gan

Excellent book.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Can i get any articles or link regarding the flow of query execution.Its very helpful to me.

• I'd refer to Itzik's book as well.

But, while you're waiting for it to arrive, there is some explanation here. Here's a bit more. None of this addresses it directly the way Itzik's book does.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply