Force to use Network Card

• We have 2 servers set up for replication. These both have 100 MB network cards for general network traffic. We have also set up 1 GB cards in each of these servers designed to let just these 2 servers talk to each other at that speed. We envisioned replication between these two servers being the only ones to access this GB card. However, I can't verify that this is happening. The GB cards on both servers blink periodically, but I would expect them to blink continuously with the number of transactions we have going on.

So, the question is: Can I force replication to use this GB card that doesn't sit on the general network?

Remember this when a developer tells you it will just be temporary. Temporary = Permanent.

• Its not replication that matters, its the IP address. Probably have to add a static route to get it to use the preferred nic. Steve probably the one to ask though.

Andy

• What we normally do is setup a Client address in Client network utility name SERVER_NIC2 and use that as the replication address. It should always use that address, if you use a name that is available as the other NIC it will usually use least cost routing in an effective network, problem is least cost is based on hops and delay not bandwidth.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply