Forum Bug

• On a few occasions I have lost my forum reply on submit.  This seems to happen when I spend more than 5 minutes or so on my response.  So now I copy my responses to notepad before posting in case my data is lost - this has saved me as recently as this morning!

Anyone else experience this?  Perhaps a browser setting?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Dan B

• Happened to me and at least 5 others that complained about something very similar... it's probabely the session that's ending on the server or something like this (haven't worked with asp. net in over a year).

• Yes, there is a timeout. Don't know if it is configurable.

Usually when I need more time for an answer I copy the reply to the clipboard, cancel that reply, open a new reply, paste from the clipboard and hit submit. Not nice, but it works when you remember to do it.

--
    Frank Kalis
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Webmaster: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs
    My blog: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs/frankkalis/[/url]

• I find that if I get the blank after submit that if I hit the back button and then submit it will work. I'm using Opera.

Note that I at least copy it to the clipboard just in case. I've been burned on it too. 

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• The words "slow typers" comes to mind here .

• Slow typers?  BAH!  Even with having had five operations on my right thumb I can do 50+WPM if I want!  It's the thinking speed that slows down... 🙂

This happened to me yesterday.  I've used Word to compose messages before for my blog but I hadn't experienced that here before.  Now I know better.

And hitting the Back button didn't do anything for me, IE had already eaten my wonderful prose.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply