Free Training

• We gave away the free admission to someone local. It's a promotion, not really a money maker, so we didn't want to sell it here.

Too often I see companies still thinking the IT staff isn't important, especially when it comes to training. I think that will haunt them over time. Or at least I hope it will.

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/28/2007)

Too often I see companies still thinking the IT staff isn't important, especially when it comes to training. I think that will haunt them over time. Or at least I hope it will.

It will haunt them, but they'll never know why. Word will get out, and qualified people won't work for them, especially with more people asking the "do you provide continuing training and conferences" question being asked by interviewees.

For me, I couldn't make PASS or Vegas because of still being on job probation. I would have gladly driven on my own dime, but it was not to be.

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• I wouldn't be surprised if the employers fear that the employees will network and bump into a better opportunity and decide to leave the current company.

• Steve not only training, I know managers do not allow even 2-3 hours conference. Surprising!!!! May they fear they guys will be more knowledgeable and would leave. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply