FTP Compenent

• I want to FTP to a file to a remote site but the file name changes . With that I entered a localpath expression

@[User::SourceLoc]+Right("0"+(DT_STR,4,1252) DatePart("m",GetDate()),2) + Right("0"+(DT_STR,4,1252) DatePart("y",GetDate()),2) +"Test.xls"

This expression evaluates correctecly but I keep receiving error.

Please help!!!!

• How can you expect people to help you with the information you provided?

Please show us what error you're getting.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin, did you lose your tin-foil hat again?? You know we are supposed to be able to read minds. 😉

• Lynn Pettis (7/28/2009)

Alvin, did you lose your tin-foil hat again?? You know we are supposed to be able to read minds. 😉

I'm wearing my hat!!!!! Must be the electrical activity in the area that messing up the electromagnetic fields. Either that or my flux capacitor is burnt out.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• sorry forget to post error

read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.

• Hard to say that little information.

First check that the variable is correctly spelled. Remember that variables names in SSIS are case sensitive.

Also check the scope of the variable. Does the scope include the task/container that is trying to access that variable?

Alvin Ramard

• Complete Message:

TITLE: Package Validation Error

------------------------------

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at FTP Task: Failed to lock variable "0709Test.xls" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Error at FTP Task: The Validate method on the task failed, and returned error code 0x80131500 (Failed to lock variable "0709Test.xls" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

). The Validate method must succeed and indicate the result using an "out" parameter.

Error at FTP Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

BUTTONS:

OK

• This: "Error at FTP Task: Failed to lock variable "0709Test.xls" for read access" looks awful suspicious. It looks like you're somehow using the value of the variable as the name of the variable. It's looking for the variable "0709Test.xls". That's not a proper variable name. Could that be caused by an improper expression?

Look at your FTP task. Do you have "IsLocalPathVariable" set to TRUE, while you're using the expression to set the value, which in this case should represent a variable? If so try setting "IsLocalPathVariable" to FALSE.

Alvin Ramard

• Actually, the error message isn't really helping here. The real problem is that we can't see your package to determine what may be wrong. Start where Alvin suggested and we'll go from there.

• After following the previous directions, I receive this error but the file is in the directory.

TITLE: Package Validation Error

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at PGCB_FTP: The connection " D:\PGCB\0709Test.xls" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Error at FTP Task [FTP Task]: Connection manager " D:\PGCB\0709Test.xls" can not be found.

Error at FTP Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

BUTTONS:

OK

• Are you running this from BIDS in debug mode? If so, on your desktop system or the server? Is the file located on you desktop or the server?

• I am remoted into the server.

• Recheck how you're doing the assignment.

from your last error message, it looks like what should be assigned to the connection string of your connection manager, "D:\PGCB\0709Test.xls", is being assigned to the name of the connection manager. Either that or the wording of the error message is misleading.

Did you check if "IsLocalPathVariable" is set to TRUE or FALSE?

Alvin Ramard

• In the FTP Task variable the IsLocalPathVariable is set to false.

• Hey there,

It looks as if your are changing the "name" of the connection, not the "connectionString" expression.

Check your expressions in your ftp task and in your fileConnection and make sure you are changing the correct property.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply