FTP Task in SSIS package

• Hi,

FTP Task does work under development environment (in vs2005) but when i save it under sql server and schedule it to run daily it doesnt work(Unable to connect FTP)

Package's protection level property set to EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey,and credentials for the FTP are in the task itself,i am not sure whether its work though

OnError,Servername,NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM,Database,{8C5658B9-E936-49BB-B965-807C612F53C2},{36D1843C-2BA5-4859-B10A-590B0FC95B02},-1073573489,0x,Unable to connect to FTP server

Can somebody help me on how to resolve this

Thanks

• The user that edited the package last is the user that must execute the package to get the sensitive information decrypted. You either have to execute it as that user or store the sensitive information somewhere else, like in a package configuration.

CEWII

• Hi,

when i run under msdb,integration services the package works but when i run same thing under sql server it doesnt work any idea

Please suggest me on how

Thanks

• Hi Buddy,

Please try using 'sa' as userid while making as job.

• hi there,

tried it but doesn't work

thanks

• forum member (7/7/2009)

Hi,

when i run under msdb,integration services the package works but when i run same thing under sql server it doesnt work any idea

Please suggest me on how

Thanks

Review Elliott's reply. Do you understand how the package protection levels work?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• It is VERY important to understand package protection levels, if you don't then STOP right now what you are doing and read up on them in BOL, when you think you understand them, read about them one more time THEN go back to your problem, I think the issue will be clear then.

CEWII

• please send the error messge...what u got while runing the job...

• The only way I was able to get a FTP task to run in batch was to use a package configuration so the FTP password gets loaded at run time.

HTH

IanO

• Hi All,

I resolved the issue by encrypting the package with the password and by providing the same password to decrypt in sql server at Job step properties-command line level

Thanks for the help and suggestions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply