FTP Task - Unable to connect to server - HELP

• I am having some trouble with a SSIS Package that has an FTP Task in it. When i run the package manually from Business Intelligence Studio it works fine, but when i deploy it on the server and try to run it from there i get the follwing error: Unable to connect to FTP Server using {FTP Task Name}.

Iv been reading up on Package Protection Levels and Proxy acocunts but i cant seem to get this to run on the server. Can anyone please tell me where im going wrong.

• Have you verified that the sql server can ping the FTP server?

• yes, i have ftp'd files up and down from the server. i have executed the package in business intelligence studio and it works fine, its just when i deploy it onto server management studio, the FTP Task fails. i think i need to save the password for the FTP Connection into a config file but i just cant seem to create a config file that will work. Any help?

• I think I am having the same problem. I can run the FTP task from my workstation, but not from the server. I even can run it through Integration Services, which is running the package loaded on the SQL Server, but it runs it locally on my workstation. If I run the same Integration Services package logged on the server (same user login), it gives the same error: "Unable to connect to FTP server using [Remote FTP Server Connection Name]". Later in the log it clairifies the error: "An error occurred on the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The password was not allowed."

Anybody have ANY ideas???

Shalom!,

Michael Lee

• I have the same problem as above.  Just don't understand why FTP task looks like this way.  Anyone know the solution?

• Hi. I'm new in development. Tried the following. Before we Imported the package to SQL Management, we opened the package in notepad. Changed the Password encryption to '0',  deleted the encryption and put the password there as is. Saved the changes and imported the package. Seems to work.

• I have several ftp tasks running under several ssis jobs, which are in turn controlled by the SQL Agent.

If you look at the properties of your FTP connection in SSIS, is the password stored with the connection itself?

What protection type do you have on the package? Select the package in question and check the security settings in the properties dialog. Try changing this to EncryptAllwithPassword, set a password for the package, and then reload to your sql store.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply