Full Text Search Time Out on First Run

• I am new to creating full text catalogs and searches. The problem I am having is that the first time I run a search it will timeout. After I run the first search anything else that I search on will return back very fast. This seems to happen after no searches are run on the table for a while.

• I found this article for the fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915850

I was wondering where I could look to see what the value is for 'verify_signature'. We have another sql server running that is not having this problem. If I could verify the value for it matches 0 than I could apply this fix on the other server withought worrying about security issues. I think in theory that is.

• Thank you for answering your own question, It assisted me greatly. To answer your second question simply run the stored procedure without the second paramer (example: sp_fulltext_service 'verify_signature') and it will show you the current run value for that setting.

If anyone else experiences this problem or knows how to handle the "verify_signature" problem in a better manner I would appreciate knowing about it. The Microsoft KB article stresses this fix is a security weakness, but all my servers have internet connectivity behind a proxy server and everyone experiences this problem. Turning off the verify_signature option fixed the problem on each server.

Thanks again to the original poster,

James.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply