functions

• Thanks for the great compliment but you might also want to take a look at what Sergiy has written in posts like this. He doesn't necessarily solve the problem in a post... rather, he posts or speaks of concepts that will allow you to solve your own problem if you just take the time to understand. He's the person that single-handedly drove the concept that "A Developer must not guess... a Developer must know!" into my head which has become the driving force behind such things as the ever present "million row test table" in much of my code and articles. He's also pulled my fat from the fire more than once.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• You are welcome. If you need any advise at anytime, I would be happy to chat with you over email or what ever you might need. While I am not an MVP like Jeff and others, I have been around a while and can definitely point you in the right direction, give advise and assist in optimization when I have a free moment and do not mind helping anytime.

Be kewl.

Dex

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply