General Qestions

• anthony.green (5/28/2012)

the two walls which need patching and skimming are riddled in damp so needs a damp course doing and then going to put waterproof sand cement on the walls then skim, the cement apparently dries in no time so would only be the skim which needs to dry but as its waterproof cement it might take a while.

I had part of a room done like that in my place, results were really good and have had no sign of the damp returning so far although i've started using thompsons water seal on the ouside of where the problem was as the pointing on the extrnal brick work seemed to be going.

• external seal wont be an option as its on a joining wall with next door so, can only treat it from the inside, but yeah it is good stuff, used that on the outside of the front windows where there was damp and moulde coming through stopped it now so all good.

external seal wont be an option as its on a joining wall with next door so, can only treat it from the inside, but yeah it is good stuff, used that on the outside of the front windows where there was damp and moulde coming through stopped it now so all good.

Welcome to the best D.I.Y. forum on WWW!

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• I wouldnt go that far Eugene

• Hmmm... I wonder if the OP will start going for interviews as a plasterer with all this knowledge being imparted. 😛

• Ian Scarlett (5/28/2012)

Hmmm... I wonder if the OP will start going for interviews as a plasterer with all this knowledge being imparted. 😛

I can say (reading detailed DIY advices here) he would have a better chance getting the job in this field...

• Eugene Elutin (5/28/2012)

Ian Scarlett (5/28/2012)

Hmmm... I wonder if the OP will start going for interviews as a plasterer with all this knowledge being imparted. 😛

I can say (reading detailed DIY advices here) he would have a better chance getting the job in this field...

A much better chance. Infact the OP is probably better off doing anything else.

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Eugene Elutin (5/24/2012)

P.S. There is an universal solution to stop queries running forever:

Ask electrician to connect your server room power supply via your floor light switch, so when the last person goes home and switches light off (we must be eco-fiendly to save our planet) the servers will be turned off as well. So, you will no longer have nasty forever-running queries in your databases.

I had that happen once, actually. Wasn't a server, but a client mentioned that one of his computers seemed to be restarting itself overnight, when we had just completed some wiring in the building. Put in all sorts of logging stuff trying to figure out what was going on, then one evening, on my way out, I shut off the hall light and left, then realized that I had forgotten something inside. Turned around, unlocked the door, flipped on the hall light, and sure enough, about a second later, from down the hall, ... BEEP! Turns out the computer was plugged into an outlet wired to the hall lighting circuit, and had been so for years. The client, when complaining about this problem didn't actually say that it had just started, I only assumed that it had, since we had done a bunch of electrical work in the office and he hadn't complained about this problem earlier. Doh!

• pdanes (5/28/2012)

Eugene Elutin (5/24/2012)

Ask electrician to connect your server room power supply via your floor light switch, so when the last person goes home and switches light off (we must be eco-fiendly to save our planet) the servers will be turned off as well. So, you will no longer have nasty forever-running queries in your databases.

I had that happen once, actually. Wasn't a server, but a client mentioned that one of his computers seemed to be restarting itself overnight, when we had just completed some wiring in the building. Put in all sorts of logging stuff trying to figure out what was going on, then one evening, on my way out, I shut off the hall light and left, then realized that I had forgotten something inside. Turned around, unlocked the door, flipped on the hall light, and sure enough, about a second later, from down the hall, ... BEEP! Turns out the computer was plugged into an outlet wired to the hall lighting circuit, and had been so for years. The client, when complaining about this problem didn't actually say that it had just started, I only assumed that it had, since we had done a bunch of electrical work in the office and he hadn't complained about this problem earlier. Doh!

Am sure you could get a pretty decent comedy sketch out of that.

• Schadenfreude-Mei (5/28/2012)

pdanes (5/28/2012)

Comedy? Cannot see single funny side there.

It was smart eco-friendly solution to save electricity!

It just wasn't properly finished off.

They just connected (for a trial) one single PC via light switch where the best eco-standards advise connecting the whole power supply. If no one at the building, it shouldn't consume electricity and warm up our climate! I like skiing on fresh snow!

• Eugene Elutin (5/28/2012)

Schadenfreude-Mei (5/28/2012)

pdanes (5/28/2012)

Comedy? Cannot see single funny side there.

It was smart eco-friendly solution to save electricity!

It just wasn't properly finished off.

They just connected (for a trial) one single PC via light switch where the best eco-standards advise connecting the whole power supply. If no one at the building, it shouldn't consume electricity and warm up our climate! I like skiing on fresh snow!

Sure I saw that in the latest amendment to ITIL V4.BS101

So I wonder if Koen is still alive or if he got taken to hospital with burst ear drums over the weekend

I'm alive 😀

Metallica was great, although One was a bit dissapointing: the solo's and singing were a bit off for that song. But the rest of the show was pure epicness.

The other bands, not so much. Too hot and sunny to really enjoy them. Soundgarden was OK, but not more than that.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (5/30/2012)

anthony.green (5/28/2012)

So I wonder if Koen is still alive or if he got taken to hospital with burst ear drums over the weekend

I'm alive 😀

Metallica was great, although One was a bit dissapointing: the solo's and singing were a bit off for that song. But the rest of the show was pure epicness.

The other bands, not so much. Too hot and sunny to really enjoy them. Soundgarden was OK, but not more than that.

From them comments my original reply was going to be "Alive but are you deaf" doesn't seem so right to say now.

Shame, on that, last time I saw Metallica they played the whole of Master of Puppets, was amazing.

Any how, for thoes of you that dont follow the certification forum, I took 70-450 yesterday, got 624, but thats not going to stop me brushing up on the lacking topics from the transcript and hopefully passing it next time. Also we had our 20 week scan yesterday, everything is good, baby healthy, just waiting for October now till "he" arrives.

• Koen Verbeeck (5/30/2012)

anthony.green (5/28/2012)

I'm alive 😀

Did the play Fade to Black or their 'Am I Evil/Blitzkrieg' medly?

• No.

Hit the Lights, Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls as Intro.

New song Hell and Back as interlude.

Entire Black Album from back to start (it was their anniversary show).

Battery, One and Seek&Destry as encores.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply