Genral SSIS question

• If I have a package and I have debugged it and it all works fine. I then save the .DTSX file to the desktop and run it, it gives me an error.

Has this happened to anyone? Is this a bad way to test? Is there more to an SSIS package than just the DTSX file

thanks

• For the love of god people, we are not magical people who can see mystical things. If you were so kind as to letting us know what the actual error is (SSIS has more than one) and you might get some help instead of sarcastic answers like this.

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• Hi Crispin

You are absolutely right! My apologies. I wrote this last night very fatigued and stressed getting home from work. I knew as soon as I posted it what a waste of time it was.

Could the moderator please take it down as it is irrelevant

thanks and sorry for wasting time

cheers

Chris

• There's no reason to take the post down. Rather lets see your error and try fix the problem. That is why we are all here.

My apologies, your post was about the 6th vauge one I saw this morning and you were chosen as the victim of my pre-caffeine rant.

is the package working now?

Cheers,CrispinI can't die, there are too many people who still have to meet me!It's not a bug, SQL just misunderstood me!

• HI

Yea Ive got it working this morning and couldnt replicate what was going wrong last night

A nights sleep seemed to helped as its all working fine now

go figure

cheers

Chris

• Quite often the case...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply