Get all from Table A not in Table B

• Here's the scenario:  Got Table A in production system and Table B in data store, both tables have the same columns.  New data in Table A needs to be loaded into Table B.

I know that there are a couple ways to do this in SSIS and you can even do it in just straight sql.  But there should be an easy way to do this in SSIS.  For example in Oracle's ETL tool you simply have a source and a destination, and you set some options on the destination (what the keys are).  SSIS should have a Data Flow Transform for this, or even some properties on the Data Flow Destination.

This scenario is SO common that there should be a real simple way to do this in SSIS.  I only post this because I know some MS people may read it.

• You can use the DTS import and Export wizard. Very quite straightfoward

• Jeff,

I assume you're aware of the methods here? http://www.sqlis.com/default.aspx?311

This would be handy functionality to be provided in the import/export wizard though (if it isn't there already).

-Jamie

• The DTS wizard is more than capbable of implementing the functionaling that is specified in the URL link.

• I can't get the import/export wizard to duplicate that functionality.  I get primary key violations no matter what mapping options I choose. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Jamie - Thanks for the link, but I've been there already.  I check that site regularly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply