Global Variables Not Updating

• Hi All, I have a DTS in which I defined an Execute SQL Task with the following code:

select convert(char(8),(max(accumulateddate)-1),112) as max_fecha_acumulada_char, (max(accumulateddate)-1) as max_fecha_acumulada_date from ac_posted1

where:

max_fecha_acumulada_char and

max_fecha_acumulada_date

have been defined as Output Global Variables.

My problem here is that they don't get updated when the package run. This package has an associated job that executes daily and is running fine, updating the required fields. The only thing is that the global variables are no getting updated.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ignacio

• Hi Ignacio,

Are you running SP3 on SQL Server 2000? How about the OS? Win2k Server? What service pack are you running on the OS? Have you applied any other updates to the OS on the box running SQL Server? The reason I am asking is that after we applied the latest updates and service packs to Win2k Server, I have experienced what I believe are the same problems you have run into...global variables in DTS packages just don't seem to be updating correctly...I don't have a solution for you but was just wondering if you noticed these problems after upgrading the OS or SQL Server.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• Yes, I'm running SP3 on both SQL2K and W2K, select @@version follows:

"Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 3)"

I can't really tell if this is a latest patches issue because I've been playing with GV on this box after the patches were applied. We have some similarities, though.

Ignacio

• I too have the same problem with Output Global Vars

DTSGlobalVariables("strRetFileString").Value="XXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Even this simple string is not returned to the calling procedure, where as if I set this value as the default value to the Global Var, it will be returned.

What I hear is perhaps reapplying the latest sp for sql2k?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply