Good SQL Server 2005 Performance Training Course

• Live in South Florida looking for a 1 week intensive performance tuning course for SQL Server 2005 with instructor. Not online course but hands on. any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

• Probably the best quality courses you can find at Solid Quality Leraning. All courses are held by real experts all of them MVP. The disadvantage is that they are more expensive than usual and you might have to do some travelling, but I can assure you they are worth the effort.

http://learning.solidq.com/na/Default.aspx

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• I heartily concur with the Solid Quality comment. 

You can also search the web for Microsoft learning providers near you.  You want to attend classes 2784 and 2790, which combined will give you a week of hands-on, instructor-led classroom time dealing with Query Optimization and Performance Troubleshooting. 

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

• One more endorsement for Solid Quality Learning. We've had Itzik Ben Gan teach his course where we work four times and he's on his way in for a fifth. It makes a huge improvement in developer TSQL code and radically improved our performance because of it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Just to clarify why I recommended Solid Quality.

Being a MCT myself and having talked to a lot of students, I noticed that the standard MOC courses often don't satisfy the needs of student who are looking for the little bit extra, especially when it comes to perf tuning and/or troubleshooting. SQLearning offers this type of courses, taught by real experts with lots of real-world experience.

Of course MS Learning Partners might also do a good job, but I assumed that the original poster (cabn't see his name right now) already informe about the standard course offerings.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• End to End Training also offers courses in FL that are custom, not MOC curriculum. They are at http://www.endtoendtraining.com.

Solid Quality's Ben Gan teaches outstanding courses as well.

Disclosure - I own part of End to End training.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply