Handling Email Opt out

• Hi all

I have to design a process of handling email opt out. when a mail out has been done and we get email opt - out there is an excel file that gets updated. I am thinking of writing an SSIS package to then update the records in the database.

Is there any better way of doing this... We dont have as such a distribution list as the mailing lists are created based on different requirements. Some of the emailing is handled by Third party others done in house. Emails are sent from outlook

Please help.

Thanks

Vani

• how about adding a column to your records to have an opt out date and optional reason in the database row for the emails; then when select FROM YourTable where OptOutDate IS NULL for any campaigns or items that will be given to third parties; i would NOT recommend keeping a "separate" opted-out list.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yeah thats the idea that am working on.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply