Hard at Work

• I moved from a 40hr week in New Zealand to a 50-55 hour week in Thailand.

I tell you that it's not productive... I'm getting really tired so think that the extra hours they make us work here is having a negative effect. Also a lot of people get sick too... could be part of the reason.

I don't have a family but the work/family life balance is important... remember everyone we work to live, notthe other way round.

cheers.

• Typical 9 hour a day, unless there was problem in production.

I used to be on call years ago, we used mainframe and terminal at those good old days, I remembered I had to drive back to my office at 3:00am in the morning, fixed the problem, and then going back to work at normal hours.

At last job, I had to work on one critical projects ended up working 65 hours a week for a month.

Now I have a new manager, 9 hours seems not enough for him.

Actually if it is emergency or problem in production or project has to be due on certain date, I don't mind to put in more hours. However it seemed to me no company I ever worked for appreciated for what I did. The more hours I put in, the more they expected you to do. If you suddenly cut back, they immediately thought you had a problem.

Upper management is insane these days, they think they give you a job, you have to give your life to them !

• 40 hrs or so, unless some production issue comes up and it has to be done today. or, if  i am trying to discover something for myself, just to learn if it can be done.  i am more efficient working 8 hrs and doing something else with my time in the afternoon and weekend.  doesn't mean someone who works 12 hrs a day every day can give out 12 hrs of work, i've seen it happening. i love my job and feel passion for technology, enjoy learning new things, but if my Employer expects me to work more hrs daily, it'll be a time to move on to another job, i've done this before. that's why i make sure my skill set is up to date, so it won't take me much time 🙂 to land another IT job.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply