Hard to get CU's behind the most recent

• We're looking to update our SQL 2014 SP1 instance to SQL 2014 SP2 CU8. I guess I'm thinking that there wasn't an issue with  CU8 between its Oct release and December (when CU9 came out), so I'd prefer it over the recently released CU9. Every link I come across takes me to the latest CU only. Is there a path to an older CU than the most current?

Thanks,
    --=Chuck

• chuck.forbes - Monday, January 8, 2018 2:09 PM

We're looking to update our SQL 2014 SP1 instance to SQL 2014 SP2 CU8. I guess I'm thinking that there wasn't an issue with  CU8 between its Oct release and December (when CU9 came out), so I'd prefer it over the recently released CU9. Every link I come across takes me to the latest CU only. Is there a path to an older CU than the most current?

Thanks,
    --=Chuck

Try searching the Update Catalog -Most of the other MS links will just give you the current SP/CU. Here are the updates for SQL Server 2014:
    Microsoft Update Catalog: SQL Server 2014

Sue

• Nice. Thanks 🙂
    In case it helps someone else, there's a single line item for each download (SP's and CU's in this case) along with a download button. When I see a button I assume an action is going to happen immediately after clicking it (a file download in this case). Here, though, the button-click takes you to a pop-up window where you're allowed for pick between the x86 or x64 download.

--=Chuck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply