hash value data types don't match

• Hi

I am trying to use multiple hash in my ssis package and after the multiple hash, i added a lookup column to check if the record exists in the destination table. In the connection page of the lookup, for writing sql query, i wrote all the corresponding columns selected in multiple hash along with the hashValue column.

(ex: select col1, col2..... ,hashvalue from destination)

But when i try to map them in the mappings page, it throws me an error saying that the data types of hash value

in the input column and output column don't match.What to do?

• t.mounika01 (4/3/2015)

Hi

I am trying to use multiple hash in my ssis package and after the multiple hash, i added a lookup column to check if the record exists in the destination table. In the connection page of the lookup, for writing sql query, i wrote all the corresponding columns selected in multiple hash along with the hashValue column.

(ex: select col1, col2..... ,hashvalue from destination)

But when i try to map them in the mappings page, it throws me an error saying that the data types of hash value

in the input column and output column don't match.What to do?

Quick question, what are the data types used (check the flow properties)?

😎

• In the input column the hash value is in bytes and in output column it is string

• t.mounika01 (4/3/2015)

In the input column the hash value is in bytes and in output column it is string

As SSIS does not have the concept of implicit type conversion you will have to add one so both columns have the same data type.

😎

• I tried doing the data type conversion using cast but it did not work

• t.mounika01 (4/6/2015)

I tried doing the data type conversion using cast but it did not work

You will then have to convert the data type at the source (SQL Server)

😎

• I did not get what you are saying..I added a multiple hash to my ssis package and in the multiple hash, i tried changing the options SHA512, SHA256 etc.. but it doesn't help.. the column hashvalue comes by default when we add multiple hash right?? And so how can i change its datatype..i am not sure.. After multiple hash, i added a lookup column to do a lookup if the record exists or not. For that in the select query, along with other column, i selected hashvalue and now, i want to do a lookup on the column hash value. But it is showing that the input and output data types dont match.. The input hash value is in bytes and the output hash value is in string.. I want both of them to be in bytes.

• okay got it.. thank you so much 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply