Having problem to execute my job in SQL Server Agent

• Can anyone help me to solved this problem?

I have an SSIS package and it runs successfully in BIDS but when I run the job in SQL Server Agent it runs successfully but there is an error to execute it. The error says "Package could not be found. The step failed"

I created credentials, proxy account ( also tried the Cmdexec), but nothing happen...it always have the same error....

• Hi there,

Can you make sure that all the required packages are available for use?

I.e. if you imported the 'main' package (The one in your job step) but that package references others that are not imported.

Hope that helps.

• Hi,

Thanks for your response. Actually there is only one package that I am running in sql server agent, when I run the package it runs successfully but it cannot execute the package... And one thing it is my first time to run a job I'm still studying the SSMS and BIDS. 🙂

• Hi Rachel,

I tried all that proxy stuff as well. Didn't seem to work.

What I do is ...

In BIDS go to the main screen and set the PACKAGE PROPERTIES to save the package with a password. Choose either the save ALL or save SENSITIVE as password protected and put the password in the pop-up twice which checks it out.

Copy the package to your BIN directory, wherever that is.

Go into SQL Agent ... schedule the job and it will ask you for the password.

Execute your jobbie and bingo.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

Actually my Job is working now....and its problem is just permission. I run my job through a localhost but my SSIS package are running from map network drive... so what I did was I copy my package to my local computer (desktop) and change the path of my package in the job and IT Works! 😀

Anywayz thanks for your response.....!:)

• Instead of copying your package to a local computer you can also run this job from the network drive, however, a network user would need to be created.... the network user should be given permission on SQL Server to run the SSIS package.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply