HELP: DTS Package Execution Error

•  

Hey gurus,

Quick Question.  I'm running a DTS Package that imports data from a db4 database into a SQL Server database.  If I run the package right from EM everything works great.  When I try to run the package through QA using the syntax below I get an error:

Syntax:

DECLARE @DTS_PACKAGE VARCHAR(1000)

SET  @DTS_PACKAGE = CHAR(34) + 'DTSRUN /S SERVERNAME /E /N "DTS_PACKAGE"' + CHAR(34)

EXEC master..xp_cmdshell @DTS_PACKAGE

Error string: 

'File Path' is not a valid path.  Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

If I open a cmd console I can hit that folder without error.  Does anyone have any quick suggestions that I can try?  I have no idea what the problem could be.

Any help would be really appreciated.  Thanks

Shane

• Is your error message being generated by the DTS package?  If so, it's probably because when you execute it from Entrerprise Manager, it's executing on you workstation and when you use xp_cmdshell, it's executing on the database server.  Make sure you're using UNC path names rather than mapped drive path names as the drives mapped on your workstation might not be mapped on the server.

Greg

Greg

• I just noticed that you got pretty much the same suggestion in your thread in the Administration forum. 

For future reference, you might try posting DTS questions in the DTS forum.  There may be some DTS gurus who only answer questions there.

Greg

Greg

• Check the path of script file directory under DTS import step.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply