Help Registering an Analysis Server

• Running SQL Server 200 and Analysis server on an XP machine. All components are being run on a local server(my desktop). Whenever I try to connect to the analysis server I get the following error:

Unable to connect to the server or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrator Group

I installed the components on my desktop, but I can't find where this OLAP Admin group is. Please Help.

• That group was created locally in your machine when you installed AS.

Go to: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Groups

Add your user to the Olap Administrators group.

• I was able to fix the problem by applying Service Pack upgrades. Thanks

• Hi,

I was trying to register an Analysis Server. Daniel as you said I have added myself to OLAP Administrators group on server and I am added to the group locally but I still receive an error saying "Unable to connect you to the registry on the server servername or you may not be a member of the OLAP administrators group". Can you please tell me where I went wrong or what else do I have to do in order to get this thing working? Do I have to restart my registering server after adding myself to the OLAP Admin* group on that server? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by - skambala on 12/17/2003 1:35:39 PM

• skambala:

After I applied the service pack upgrades to service pack 3, the problem corrected itself. Make sure you are up to date on your service packs.

• Thank you Dillard! I don't know if the patch is already installed or not but is there any other way we can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Sabitha

• After adding your account to the group you just have to log off and then log on in the client.

Also, make sure you have the same Service Pack on both the server and the client.

• Hi,

I have installed the service packs on my (local) machine but I still cannot register the Server. Do I have to restart the remote server after I add myself under OLAP administrator group on remote server?

Thank you,

Sabitha

• No, you don't need to restart the server.

The service pack that you installed is the same of the server?

Can you connect to the AS via a client tool, i.e. pivot tables?

Is the server a domain controller?

Edited by - mdaniel on 12/18/2003 12:21:21 PM

• Hi,

The service pack I have installed is same as the one I have on the server. I am on client machine and I am trying to connect to the analysis services of our development server. I don't know anything about pivot tables or domain controller...I am newbie to Analysis Services and I was trying to access the databases on my development server....

Thank you for the help....If you can please tell me how to find all these or send me a link where can read more about what you are talking that will be of great help...

Thank you,

Sabitha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply