Help with Analysis Services Tutorial Lesson 7 Deployement issue ?

• Hello,

I am having an issue with the "Analysis Services Tutorial" VS BI project from the BOL, "SQL Server 2005 tutorials\SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Tutorial\Lesson7 : Defining Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)" :

When trying to deploy the Analysis Services tutorial project found in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\Tutorials\Lesson7" the project won't deploy, with the error :

"Error     1       MdxScript(Analysis Services Tutorial) (8, 8) The 'Measures'

dimension contains more than one hierarchy, therefore the hierarchy

must be explicitly specified.           0       0       "

Did you try this tutorial ? Did you have a similar problem ? or did it work for you ?

I am quite new on the subject, so if anyone could help me solve this issue that would be great !

Thanks !

Pierre

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Change

CURRENTCUBE

.[MEASURES]

to

CURRENTCUBE

.[Measures]

• Thanks a bunch aimtech, that worked !!

(went to Calculation Pane, then chose script view and did the changes you told)

• Great advice on this one from aimtech, but does anyone know why this happens?  We had the same issue.

• I think it has to do with case sensitivity on the database. For me, it happened when I migrated the database to a new server.

• 🙂 Thanks a million. It saved my day.

What a fucked up problem.

• I have the exast same issue. However, the propose fix didn't work and I tried all kind of combinations (Lower case, capital letter...). The strange part the same expression works in studio but it returns an error once I added to calculation in the cube design. I even tried something really simple by adding a calcualtion equal to a measure and still have the problem. At this point I figured it must be something with the SQL version and not MDX.

Here is the expression I added to the format String in calculation tab:

[Measures].[Afa Amt] --- > it returns error when I run the cube, however it works fine in the management studio

Thanks in advance.

• jamel, I'm having the same issue as you. Did you ever figure it out?

• Yes, you probably completed the change in the Form View only. That will only impact the formula inside the Expression Box. You will need to go to the script view in order to complete the following change: CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[MEASURES] to CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures]

Jamel

• I had the same problem as above and your fix worked great. Just wanted to say thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply