Help with Execute Process Task

• I am building a package that will zip up my backups.

the process is the following:

1. I created a for each loop and added a variable with the path name of the location of the backup to be zipped.

2. I have a bat file that will zip the backup. the bat file has a variable for the path of the backup.

the idea is to execute the batchfile and pass the variable to it, from the one that I defined on my loop.

3. I added an execute process task to my for each loop but I am not sure that I am setting it up correctly and this is where I need help.

here is how I set up the task:

on the process tab:

executable: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

Arguments: /C U:\MEDTOX PROJECTS\zipping bak\compress_backupStep1.bat (this is my batch file)

Standard InputVariable: User::varBackupFile (this is the variable that I created and contains the location of the backup file)

when I execute the task I get the following error

In executing "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" " /C U:\MEDTOX PROJECTS\zipping bak\compress_backupStep1.bat" at """", the process exit code was "1" while the expected was "0"

AM I not defining the fields correctly?

I would appreciate any help with ths. I am very new to SSIS

ps. I cant do this from cmdshell. for security reason we have it turned off.

• You might need to set the WorkingDirectory to "U:\MEDTOX PROJECTS\zipping bak".

Edit: Put quotes around the path in your argument since it contains spaces: /C "U:\MEDTOX PROJECTS\zipping bak\compress_backupStep1.bat"

• We use an Execute Process Task to zip a set of txt files before they are transferred to a MSP. The attached document shows how we have setup the Execute process Task. we are using gzip to complete the zip. The one thing not shown, is I had to add the path to the gzip executable to the system environment PATH variable through MyComputer properties on the server.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply