Help with MSVC++ 6.0/SL2K

• I'm looking for how to do BLOB I/O using ODBC in C++, and I've stepped into the tarpit of Microsoft online (un)help/documentation.

I have a C++ application that I'm migrating from Sybase to SQL2000.

The database IO module used native CTLIB code.  I need to replace this module with one for SQL 2K and I'm guessing that MS wants you to go the route of ODBC and not native driver (dblib).

So can somebody point me to some simple documentation or help on this (ODBC) or what to use.

NOTE: I do not want to bind to controls / record set functionality or anything.  I need to do simple one statement executes, AND BLOB I/O.

(I have found some sample code on basic ODBC which would be sufficient, but it is not clear how to get/put BLOB data to/from database.)

The C++ module/DLL I am replacing has 3 function calls:

One to execute a SQL string.

One to put a BLOB in a table/row/column.

One to retrieve a BLOB from a table/row/column and store it in a file.

Each function returns a simple success/failure along with the first sql error number associated with that execution.

TIA

John

P.S. I'm NOT using .NET

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Ugh, I haven't looked at MSVC 6 in about 6 years, but if you are doing database stuff the easiest way is probably through ADO. Even pre.NET ADO was pretty powerful. Maybe google for ADO Connection and Recordset examples online.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply