Help with query

• SELECT l.Id, CRM.dbo.fn_ConvertSFDateTime(e.CreatedDate) AS lastevaluationdate__c, e.ProductId__c AS lastevaluationproduct__c

FROM Customers.dbo.Evaluation__c AS e INNER JOIN

Customers.dbo.Lead AS l ON l.Email = e.Email__c

WHERE (l.IsDeleted = 0) AND (l.IsConverted = 0) AND (COALESCE (l.Last_Evaluation_Product__c, '') = '') AND (e.ProductId__c > '')

I need to capture the most recent created date from the evaluation table, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I tried putting MAX in front of the e.CreatedDate, but got an error "Column 'l.Id' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in an aggregate function and there is no GROUP BY clause. Same for e.ProductId__c

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• littlelisa1111 (5/4/2012)

SELECT l.Id, CRM.dbo.fn_ConvertSFDateTime(e.CreatedDate) AS lastevaluationdate__c, e.ProductId__c AS lastevaluationproduct__c

FROM Customers.dbo.Evaluation__c AS e INNER JOIN

Customers.dbo.Lead AS l ON l.Email = e.Email__c

WHERE (l.IsDeleted = 0) AND (l.IsConverted = 0) AND (COALESCE (l.Last_Evaluation_Product__c, '') = '') AND (e.ProductId__c > '')

I need to capture the most recent created date from the evaluation table, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I tried putting MAX in front of the e.CreatedDate, but got an error "Column 'l.Id' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in an aggregate function and there is no GROUP BY clause. Same for e.ProductId__c

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

depending on what you want to do there are 2 solutions

do you want the same max(e.createddate) on every row? or do you want the max for that productid/i.id combination?

if its the first then

declare @maxdate datetime

select @maxdate=max(createdate) from.....

select ....,@maxdate from ....

if it's the second then you need to add in a "group by" clause

MVDBA

• I need the max date for each productid/l.id

• so the format of your query is

select x,y,max(z)

from mytable

where x<5

GROUP BY x,y

you must include all columns (except those you are aggregating) into the group by clause

MVDBA

• SELECT l.Id

, MAX(CRM.dbo.fn_ConvertSFDateTime(e.CreatedDate)) AS lastevaluationdate__c

, e.ProductId__c AS lastevaluationproduct__c

FROM Customers.dbo.Evaluation__c AS e

INNER JOIN Customers.dbo.Lead AS l ON l.Email = e.Email__c

WHERE (l.IsDeleted = 0)

AND (l.IsConverted = 0)

AND (COALESCE (l.Last_Evaluation_Product__c, '') = '')

AND (e.ProductId__c > '')

GROUP BY l.Id,e.ProductId__c

MVDBA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply