Hi....

• I'am unable to give 'dbcreator' permission to my account in sql server 2008....

I'am unable to give to 'sa' account or any other account also...

It is giving an error that user doesn't have permissions to perform this action..

Can anyone help me...

Thanks in advance...

• Are you logging in with an account that has security admin or sysadmin permissions?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• achanta.priyanka (1/18/2012)

I'am unable to give 'dbcreator' permission to my account in sql server 2008....

I'am unable to give to 'sa' account or any other account also...

It is giving an error that user doesn't have permissions to perform this action..

Can anyone help me...

Thanks in advance...

It means that your account lacks such a privilege 🙂

Ask somebody that has a hold of the "sa" account - or alike - to help you by granting the needed privilege.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • It is giving an error that user doesn't have permissions to perform this action..

This is precisely the reason you are getting errors.

Please make sure you have sufficient rights (which I believe you don’t have) to grant permissions. Please consult your DBA for help. What you are trying to do (if you don’t have sufficient permissions) can be marked as an attempt of security breach.

• Hi ... Priyanka...

In sql server. if u want to Give acess or Create Any login like ' Sa ' or Db-Creator

Before that The login wat ever you are using it must have an Sysadmin Credentials.

then only u an able to Give create the logins like sa or db-creator...:-)

Pavan Kumar. Pala[font="Verdana"][/font]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply