Hi All, New to this SQL thing, having a problem

• I am trying to create a mailmerge for my remote users I found on Microsofts site. I have followed the instructions to the T!

I recieve this error

"The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context."

The code is at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285176

It appears to go all the way to the end then fails, but then again what do I know.

I have the Access database in the same folder, I do have other asp pages working great, but this one has got me stumped.

If you can get this to work please tell where the problem is or better yet email me the fixed code from the page.

My server name is SERVER, go figure, uh. The WordMailMerge from the instructions is at C:\Inetpub\WordMailMerge. The virtual directory is called Merge. The database is named DB1.MDB the the information I need to access is in a table named Drivers.

I "assume" Microsoft knows what there doing, so I guess the problem is on my end.

• You mention an Access database? The example is written to access a SQL Server database.

Which changes have you made to the strconn variable?

Leif

• I assume by that response I am trying something that can't be done.

However, I changed the string to below:

Dim connStr

connStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("\aspdb\db1.mdb")

I also I change the code throughout both pages to reflect that change  (Strconn to ConnStr)

It does seem to connect according to the debugger on the server which pops up when I test the page, but does not seem to be able to launch Word.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply