Hide 2 columns in results view

• SQL 2005

I have 2 columns (rate and QTY) that I use to create a total column. How can I display just the total column in my results view?

Thank you

• What are you doing now to show the results view? If you write a query in a query window, you can select the columns you want to show and leave out the columns you don't want to see.

My guess is you are using the Open Table/View functionality - which you really should not do since it is broken and has been removed from SSMS 2008.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• here is the part of the script that I am trying:

when I run the script and view the results in the view grid I would like to only see "Budget Amount" but im not sure how to restrict what show in the view. I currently see Itemprice, Budgetquantity and Budget Amount

(ri.itemprice*riq.budgetquantity)as 'Budget Amount'

Thank you

• It might be as simple as removing the columns from the SELECT list.:-)

(If I read your question properly).

The code would help.

---------------------------------------------
    [font="Verdana"]Nothing is impossible.
    It is just a matter of time and money.[/font]

• How are you showing the results view? Is that in some application that you have, or is this in SSMS? If this is in SSMS - and you are right-clicking and selecting open I suggest that you don't access the view this way.

You should open a new query window and type in the following:

SELECT {list of columns you want to see}

FROM YourView

WHERE {some filtering criteria to limit the data returned}

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Yes..you are correct....thats a big duh on my part. Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply