Hide Report Services Jobs in SSMS

• I have a Report Services instance that creates hundreds of jobs. The jobs are in serial format (ie. xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx) and clutter up the jobs section view in SSMS. Is there any way to hide these jobs?

• Not that I know of. This is why I keep a separate instance specifically for report server databases on the reporting server. No user databases on it.

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• I think you can filter the job listing by name... that's a bit of a pain though if you have hundreds of them.

The Activity Monitor will let you filter by category, which is a little easier, but not very useful I'm afraid.

You could create your own view with the job tables in msdb, filtered by category or however you can distinguish the reporting jobs.

Here's a query I created to show jobs with their next scheduled run date/time:

SELECT

Job.Name,

Job.Description,

CASE Job.Enabled WHEN 0 THEN 'No' WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' ELSE '?' END AS Enabled,

CONVERT

(

DateTime,

Stuff(Stuff(LTrim(Str(Schedule.Next_Run_Date)), 7, 0, '-'), 5, 0, '-') + ' ' +

Stuff(Stuff(REPLICATE('0', 6 - Len(LTRIM(STR(Schedule.Next_Run_Time)))) + LTRIM(STR(Schedule.Next_Run_Time)),5, 0, ':'), 3, 0, ':')

) AS Next_Run_DateTime,

Convert(VarChar,Convert(DateTime, Stuff(Stuff(LTrim(Str(Schedule.Next_Run_Date)), 7, 0, '-'), 5, 0, '-')), 110) AS Next_Run_Date,

CONVERT

(

VarChar,

CONVERT

(

DateTime,

Stuff(Stuff(REPLICATE('0', 6 - Len(LTRIM(STR(Schedule.Next_Run_Time)))) + LTRIM(STR(Schedule.Next_Run_Time)),5, 0, ':'), 3, 0, ':')

),

) AS Next_Run_Time,

'EXEC msdb..sp_Update_Job @Job_Name = ''' + Replace(job.name,'''','''''') + ''' , @Enabled = ' + CASE Job.Enabled WHEN 0 THEN '1' ELSE '0' END AS [Disable/Enable Query]

FROM

MSDB..sysJobs Job

Join

MSDB..SysJobSchedules Schedule

ON

Job.Job_ID = Schedule.Job_ID

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply