Hiding Column(s)

• Hi,

I wonder if any of you can help with a little problem i am having where i have setup a report which drills down 1 level to display a list of users.

The problem is that the column which is on the report to display the users will only contain values when you drill down, yet it is visible and empty when the report hasnt been drilled down.

Does anyone know how to hide a column based on the state of the drill down?

So when i am not drilled down the users column is hidden and when i drill down the column is made visible.

• Hi there,

I tried to attempt a similar thing with one of my reports a while ago, for the same reason. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, it isn't possible to toggle the visibility of columns with the same toggle item as the drill down- at least after several days of searching MSDN there were no forthcoming solutions.

However, another way around the problem is to create a report parameter which toggles the drilldown and toggles the visibility of the columns you wish to hide, so when the user selects the parameter to drill down into the report the hidden columns are at the same time made visible.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Best regards,

Chris

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply