Hiding columns in SSRS

• Hi Friends,

I need to hide a columns based on a value.

The report has multivalued prameter StudentName the values say "Anil" ,"Anil Kumar" , "Nithin" ,"Riju" etc

Now in the report I have the columns which shows some details of these student names ,say the column names are Anil_Details ,Anil_Kumar_Details , Nithin_Details etc .

The requirement is I need to show those students details which are selected by the multi select parameter .

ie If I select "Anill" alone the report need to show Anil_Detils column only , If I select "Anil" and "Anil Kumar" the report need to show the corresponding two columns .

The way I tried : In the column hide property I gave the expresion as

=not(join(Prameter!StudentName .Values,",") like "*Anil*") -- for the column Anil_details ,

=not(join(Prameter!StudentName .Values,",") like "*Anil Kumar*) -- for the column Anil_Kumar_Details etc..

But because of this like "**" the report was not hiding the columns correctly , I also tried with like"*Anil" but still it was not working as expected.

Can any one help me to get it resolved...? Is there is any option to check a string within the given string ..?

Or something like patindex , but I think the patindex wont work since the name Anil and Anil Kumar both will give patindex > 0 if I serach with string Anil.

Please help.

Regards,

MC

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• only4mithunc (8/29/2009)

=not(join(Prameter!StudentName .Values,",") like "*Anil*") -- for the column Anil_details ,

=not(join(Prameter!StudentName .Values,",") like "*Anil Kumar*) -- for the column Anil_Kumar_Details etc..

Could just be a typo. Try Parameter instead of Prameter.

Hope that helps,

Marianne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply