how 2 rollback in sqlserver2000

• i got a pblm. i unknowingly deleted a row using "delete" command. but i need to get back it. how should i do it?

thanx for all ur  help

regards

Rajiv.

• As far as I know, there is no native support in SQL Server for rolling back specific transactions, though I believe there are third-party tools that can do this.

But a simple way is to restore a recent copy of the database to a new separate db (ie don't overwrite what's there!) and then perform an INSERT from the restored db to the live db, just for the missing row.

Phil

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• if the dba did not take complete backup of  the database, he can take a tran log backup, and do point in time recovery, on a different database, hence get you back your data..

if he already did a complete backup, then either you need to go back to previous backup that was already taken before you did your magic..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply