How can I backup only my stored procedures, functions and jobs

• Dear all,

My first posting here ... I'm running a database that creates aggregate tables each night. The data on the server is not so important for me, as it's updated on a daily basis.

However, I would like to backup all items that are created by myself: stored procedures, functions, jobs and -if possible- views.

I can't use a full backup as I have space issue that can't be resolved easily.

Any thoughts are very welcome!

Best regards

Koen

• I would like to backup all items that are created by myself: stored procedures, functions, jobs and -if possible- views.

Open SSMS

Right click on the database --> Tasks --> Generate Scripts

using this wizard you can backup all stored procedures, functions and views for selected database/databases.

And for job I donno if there's any way to backup all the jobs together. But individualy you do it by right clicking and generating script on each job.

• If you only want to backup the code of sp's,triggers etc...generate the script of all these objects and save it some version control tool like VSS.

• Good suggestions so far, if you want to script multiple job in 1 go, you can multi select the jobs and right click script using object explorer details view.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• if you want to script multiple job in 1 go, you can multi select the jobs and right click script using object explorer details view.

Thanks. Infact I was not aware about it. Never had any such requirement as well.

• Dear all,

thank you! I'll try implement during the weekend and let you know.

Best regards

Koen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply