How can I become a Database Administrator

• Steven (8/17/2009)

If you are UK based, you could always go to the free community day in November in Newport, Wales

(http://www.sqlbits.com/)

Not too bad idea. Although there are other events you can go to in the UK, check out local User Groups as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your repy.

I am trying to find a book about "SQL Server Database Administration" so that I can continue with my self paced practice on DB, is there a book as such? or is it best to buy an MCTS self paced training kit?

I have noticed that there are 2 different courses an ""MCTS Implementationa and Maintenance"" and "MCITP DB Administrator"... what are the differences and which one would suit me best?

Thanks

• Think of it as this way:

The MCTS you mentioned is the first Step to the MCITP. The same exam for MCTS is required for MCITP. If you are choosing the certification path, you would need the MCTS either way.

Another way of viewing it might be to assimilate the MCTS to a Junior DBA in regards to the SR. DBA (though not technically how the relationship may play out).

You will need to learn how to maintain the hardware and software, and install SQL. The MCTS course leads you down that path.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply