How Can i Sove the Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

• Dear friends;

Pls help this

I run the qry in sqlserver 2005

select max(smd.Yearpassed) [ExamSession],max(SMD.ASESSIONCODE),max(SMD.COURSEID),SM.REGISTERNO,max(SMD.GRADE),max(Cmas.CID),max(CMas.CNAME),max(SM.STUDNAME) [NAME]

,DM.DEGNAME + SPACE(1) +BM.Branchname [PROGRAMME NAME],max(SMD.ASESSIONCODE),dbo.GetStudentAttempt(SM.RegisterNo,SMD.CourseId,Yearpassed) as Attempt,

MAX(gpc.sgpa),MAX(gpc.cgpa),MAX(gac.Gacid),MAX(cm.coursetype) from Studentmarkdetails smd

inner join Studentmaster sm on sm.registerno=smd.registerno and sm.statusflag not in ('D')

inner join TempgacidGeneration gac on gac.registerno=smd.registerno

inner join coursemaster cm on cm.courseid=smd.courseid

inner join collegemaster cmas on cmas.cid=substring(smd.registerno,7,3)

inner join degreemaster dm on dm.degcode=substring(smd.registerno,3,2)

inner join Branchmaster bm on bm.Bcode=substring(smd.registerno,3,4)

inner join gradepointcalculation gpc on gpc.registerno=smd.registerno

where smd.appstatus in('A','E') and smd.publishflag='Y'

and smd.registerno='078002100023' and gac.gacid='A00201A09D59'-- and smd.Examscheduleid='19N07A'

group by smd.Yearpassed,SMD.ASESSIONCODE,SM.REGISTERNO,SMD.GRADE,Cmas.CID,CMas.CNAME,SM.STUDNAME

,DM.DEGNAME + SPACE(1) +BM.Branchname,SMD.ASESSIONCODE,dbo.GetStudentAttempt(SM.RegisterNo,SMD.CourseId,Yearpassed),

gpc.sgpa,gpc.cgpa,gac.Gacid,cm.coursetype

To run the qry to throw the following error

Msg 512, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

How to solve the problem ;

I trace out the error is The two Duplication column of Yearofpassed in Two times

Year of Passed

Jan -09

Jan -09

How can i Sove the problem;

Thanks & Regards;

A.Faijurrahuman

• Can you confirm if the function dbo.GetStudentAttempt is scalar or table valued?

If it is table valued function, there is a possibility that you get more than one row in the result due to which it will throw the mentioned exception

• Hi;

It's is scalar function It's return only one row

• There may be an error in the function, can you post the code for that?

• Hi

Since there is no sub-query in your posted statement there seem to be a sub-query within your scalar function which gets its value from a SELECT. Probably this returns more than one row.

Greets

Flo

• If possible can you provide the function definition (with just input and output values), so that we could confirm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply