how come I can't see the Summary option?

• I seem to have lost something on this computer I got used to on my work computer, I love the F7 to get to the Summary option but I don't see it here.  Did I lose that option or is it not available to me?  I have SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition.

Thanks.

• Have you applied SP2?

Try right-clicking on (say) a database, then  Reports -> Standard Reports

• The summary page is now called Object Explorer Details, and can be accessed from the View menu.

• AHA!  There it is, but how come I can't use the F7 key to get to it like I can at work (which I'm using SQL Server Manaagement Studio Express I think).

Thanks.

• The functionality changed with SP2 I believe, so your home and work versions are probably out of sync.

You can change the location of the menu item, add it to a taskbar, even change the icon ... but I can't find any way to add a keyboard shortcut for it.

• I have a question about installing SP2 for SQL Server, I downloaded it, all 250+MB of it and well, it seemed like it wanted to upgrade my SQL Server but I only have the client pieces installed on this box. Is the SP2 going to install SQL Server? I know, I know, dumb question, but I just went through reinstalling everyone two months ago, I don't feel like repaving my machine cause some errant installer got bit happy.

Thanks.

• When you run SP2 against your PC, after a couple of screens, the list of things to upgrade comes up with checked or unchecked boxes. If you don't have that feature installed (in your case SQL Server) the only option that will be checked is client tools. If I remember correctly, you can't even choose the other things (RS, AS, etc) if they're not intalled on the PC/Server.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply