How could we forget !?!

• It's System Administrator Day! 

http://www.sysadminday.com/

Oh Yeah, I'm holding my breath until my boss coughs up some of the suggested gifts on the web page.  If I'm lucky I might get to leave 5 minutes early today. 

For all you do......this Heineken's for you.  Cheers!

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• If Heineken's your brew get yourself a case - it's on me! Happy SA Day!

ps: oh, forgot to tell you ..."the check is in the mail!"

&....enjoy your time off! (5 minutes + weekend)

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I actually may stop at Sedanos Latino Supermercado on the way home and pick up some Cerveza Aguila.  It's like the Budweiser of Colombia and we can now buy that as well as several others (Cristal, Club Colombia, etc.) right here in South Florida.

A new place just opened downtown and they have cold Tucher on tap which is another excellent option.  So many beers, so little time. 

Sushila, if you don't want to waste a stamp you can always use my pay-pal account. 

• hmmm - tucher - never heard of that...! will watch out for it next time I go to "stock up"!

So many beers, so little time. - you have no choice sswords - CHUGALUG!

If we don't hear from you Monday we'll know the reason why!

ps:will do re: paypal acct.

• I am congratulating myself here because nobody will bother over here

Cheers!

* Noel

• Cheers Noel, have a cold one on us.  Sushila's buying today! 

• Great ! where is sushila sending the check?  

* Noel

• noel - since I'm buying and I don't want to be considered cheap, make it more than just " a cold one on us"....as for the check - maybe I should just send it to the collective SSC.com account...

ps: you have to earn the beer! I sent you a link to sara's post - looking for help with transacation isolation levels!

• Ok, Where is the beer!!

Now, I am the one who is curious. Where do you live?

* Noel

• Given my day, it's a day worth forgetting. If I ever get a chance to go back to being "just" a DBA, I'll strongly consider it. Days like this remind me of why I went back into development after earlier forays into the system administration world.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I gather that you must've had a really rough day Brian but..."just" a DBA - I wonder how many hackles you raised with that remark - really glad I'm neither (dba nor sa)....

noel - are you curious because you think I may renege on the deal - I'm really good for my word you know! (on the east coast (assuming you live in NY))!

• I've seen DBAs sometimes slighted because they are "just" a DBA. However, DBAs are much like others who work in what is considered "infrastructure:" Little glory, lots of work. Unfortunately, today I wore too many hats, even though we have a decently sized organization; among those hats was as a DBA. Feels like I worked on a whole lot of things but I feel like I didn't close out any of them.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I think there're very few who haven't seen days like these....a mantra I learnt a long time ago (which doesn't even sound like words of comfort at first read being a double-edged sword of solace & voice of doom in the same breath...)

"There is nothing so bad that it cannot get worse"

• ""There is nothing so bad that it cannot get worse" "

I don't know death is hard to top

• Hey morbid Mike...

"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so....."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply