How do I find what type of replication a server is using?

• Nice easy question but I can't find the answer anywhere. Is there a command I can run that will tell me or is it listed somewhere in Replication Monitor?

• i don't think replication is a single setting...you can have different replications going for each database...and i think you can have different replication types going on even a single database...you know, snapshot replication for a few tables, different replication for the whole db, etc.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Ok, so if I was to walk up to a server i've never seen before and the old admin is no longer avaiable and I wanted to know what type of replication is in use on each database throughout, how would I need to go about it?

• once I've connected with Object Explorer, I can expand the server name, open the Replication Folder, and see everything I've got in the two folders there, "local Publications" and "Local Subscriptions"

note that folder doesn't exist in SQL Express...just the Developer,Standard and Enterprise versions I think.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I've been looking in Replication Monitor but didn't see the actual replication type (transactional) until now. I have been simply overlooking it as it was in my face the whole time. Thanks for you help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply