How do you secure sensitive data in a modern Data Warehouse?

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item How do you secure sensitive data in a modern Data Warehouse?

“We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.”- Tim O'Reilly
    I love to work with data and try to capture my learning through the blog post.

I have been working and studied in different Geo location includes Canada, Denmark, UK, Sweden.

• Securing data in a warehouse is an often overlooked topic. Rather than granting wholesale access of tables to an entire IT department, group level permissions should be based on functional role. For example, application and business intelligence developers may need access to the Employee table, but only HR and executive management should have access to employee salary. This can be implemented using views as well as column and row level security. This is so elementary, it should be a standard part of IT job interviews.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Thanks a lot Eric. Exactly you pointed out all the important points.

“We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.”- Tim O'Reilly
    I love to work with data and try to capture my learning through the blog post.

I have been working and studied in different Geo location includes Canada, Denmark, UK, Sweden.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply